Sunday, February 13, 2011

Cake Balls in an Embellished Box

   Though after Thanksgiving I swore I'd never make any again, Friday night I decided to make some lovely Red Velvet Valentine's Cake Balls. I'd had a Red Velvet cake mix in our pantry for a while with no specific plans for it so I figured, why not whip up some festive cake balls? I used the directions on the back of the box to mix up the cake. When I poured the batter into the pan I thought "Hmmm that's weird this cake doesn't look red at all." but I thought that maybe it would turn more red once it was cooked. Where'd I come up with that one? While the non-red Red Velvet cake was cooking, I was looking for something in our pantry and saw a box of Red Velvet cake mix. "Did I have two boxes of this stuff?" I picked up the box that had held the cake mix I'd used, the same box I'd just read directions off of and stared at for the last 10 minutes. When I turned the box over I realized I'd used the chocolate cake mix I'd bought for my Valentine's day cake. Come on Anna. I did finish my cake balls and though the inside is not red and festive, they're still pretty darn delicious.

   I gave some of these chocolate babies along with some Salted Caramel Peanut Bark and Valentine's Cake Batter Bark to my parents in a box in a special box. 

I embellished this one the same way I did the other two.








No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting your comments. I read, and am delighted by, every single one.