Friday, November 26, 2010

Five Minute Christmas Wreath

  I love Thanksgiving. I truly do. It's a wonderful time to spend with family, enjoy delicious food, ane really reflect on all you have to be thankful for. I enjoy the entire holiday as well as the day after Thanksgiving when Christmas time officially starts! Today we got our first Christmas tree and it looks just lovely. I started preparing our apartment for teh arrival of our tree last night as well as dressing it up with Christmas cheer.
   Though I LOVE the lovebirds wreath I had on our bedroom door, I felt we really needed some holiday cheer at the entrance to our room so I whipped up this wreath.


   You're probably muttering at the screen, "Really Anna? You 'whipped it up?' Get over yourself." But my friends, it's true, It took me literally 5 minutes and it'll take you the same amount of time should you give it a go.

  I was lucky that I had another one of these Dollar Tree wreaths hanging around.

   I also had this ribbon that I got super cheap at the craft store after Christmas last year.


   Once I'd found my supplies I wrapped the ribbon around and around the wreath, overlapping it each time so that it laid flat. When the whole wreath was covered, I used a straight pin left over from the wedding boutonnieres to secure the end to the back of the wreath. All done.


  Pretty, festive, and easy :o)

7 comments:

  1. Very fun and festive! Excellent job!
    Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
    Alliemakes.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that! I think I might have to visit the Dollar Tree and buy one of those wreaths so I can try this. I have some doors that could really use a wreath. Love the idea of hanging it on the bedroom door. Very festive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love any wreath that only takes 5 minutes to make...thanks for sharing!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    I’m hosting a CHRISTMAS OPEN HOUSE on 12/9…would love to have you join in on the FUN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great wreath. I have some wide holiday ribbon I snagged this summer for 50 cents - I think I might have the makings for a good looking $1.50 wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad y'all like my wreath :o) Nothing better than a pretty festive cheap wreath that takes little time and little mulah.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just gorgeous. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday this week.
    xx Vee

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments. I read, and am delighted by, every single one.