Monday, November 8, 2010

A Yarn Wreath of My Very Own

   I've gotta stop this late night crafting. I should be in bed in 10 minutes but I just had to finish my latest project before I could rest. It was worth the time. I made my own yarn wreath!




I started with this foam wreath from Dollar Tree

I needed some yarn to wrap it with and it turned out that my mom had some that she said was mine. I wasn't sure what color to make the wreath so it was determined by the color of the yarn my mom gave me.

I attached the yarn by cutting pieces about a yard long and wrapping it around the wreath, tying the ends together in the back.

When the yarn was done it was time to decorate. I attached some moss I also got at Dollar Tree first. The moss is pretty but it does smell like stinky socks and it's not a good thing to use when your sweet husband has just vacuumed. Next, I made a ribbon flower (I promise to share tutorial for these soon) and made leaves out of an old dictionary I got at Goodwill for one of the wedding projects. I also made a leaf out of a doily, also left over from the wedding. I attached the flower and leaves using a pin left over from the our diy wedding boutonnieres.



I couldn't resist adding some lovebirds to my wreath so I also made those out of a couple of dictionary pages. 

   So that's that. The whole thing cost me less than three bucks which makes me smile and seeing it hanging on our bedroom door makes me smile even more. I definitely plan on making many more :o)

8 comments:

  1. How adorable! I love yours even more than the one you posted yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the wreath!!! Definitely better than the one you posted the other day :) I would love a tutorial on how to make the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay thanks guys!

    i will definitely have a ribbon flower tutorial on here SOON :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. which dollar tree do you frequent?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this!
    I found you on Tatertots & Jello :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Michelle. So glad you found me :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the love birds idea! So cute! Thanks for linking up to our YARN IT ALL party! :]

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the dictionary pages. I'm going to have to go buy an old dictionary! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments. I read, and am delighted by, every single one.