Monday, February 18, 2013

Galentine's Tea

   Happy belated Valentine's Day! I received a desk full of Valentine's from my first graders, got to see my parents, and enjoyed dinner and dessert (chocolate cake!) with my Valentine.
   I dunno if you watch Parks and Rec, (you're missing out!!!) but Leslie Knope has a little holiday she celebrates called Galentine's Day. A day to celebrate your lady friends and your friendship with them. Valentine's Day to me, has always been, not just a couple's holiday, but a day to make your friends feel special and loved. I decided to have a little Galentine's Day tea party. What lady doesn't love a tea right?

 

   We feasted on cucumber sandwiches, cheese, scones and jam, cookies, and fruit salad. We laughed, and talked, and sipped tea, and ate way too much. It was a pretty delightful way to spend a Sunday afternoon. 


37 comments:

  1. anna! this looks like a perfect galentine's tea. what a great idea!!! i love it, and you made it so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post. I really enjoy reading it. Very instructive, keep on writing.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments. I read, and am delighted by, every single one.