My new boots came in this handy box. Perfect for my project.
I drew the letters on the cardboard and cut them out.
I decided I wanted to cover the letters with fabric, but I haven't found any fabric that is cheap or the type of pattern I desired. I then discovered an old shirt in my drawer that I bought my sophomore year of college. It used to be one of my favorites but no longer is. It has an adorable apple print. Perfect. I then wanted to add cotton balls to the letters under the fabric so that when I covered the letters with the fabric they would be puffy looking; major FAIL. So I decided to just cover the letters with the fabric. I think this whole thing might have been much easier if I had a stapler to use but alas, I don't own one. In the absence of a handy stapler, I just used packing tape to attach the fabric. I laid each letter on the fabric and cut the fabric around them, leaving about an extra 1/2 inch around the edge. I then folded the fabric around the edges and taped the fabric on the back.
The finished product. Not bad for my first attempt I think. Since this is the other side of my wall of frames, I used wall puddy to attach the letters (I think I've put enough holes in the wall).
Our wall :o) The big picture to the right is a collage of our honeymoon. The picture on the far left is the church we were married in, the bow hook I got at Goodwill last week for 99 cents and I thought it was perfect for holding some of the necklaces I've made. The table underneath was made by my husband when he was in high school, it holds a special place in my heart. The initials are an excellent addition to our personalized wall.