Sunday, July 8, 2012

Hilton Head, SC



   Two years ago we spent our honeymoon in Hilton Head, SC. I'm not sure if it's the beauty of the place, the fact that it's the beach, or that we spent our first wonderful week of marriage there, but it's held a special place in our hearts ever since. 
   This past week we went back to that beautiful place for six full, sunshiny, relaxing days. The hotel was just a fabulous as we remembered. We biked, swam, saw alligators and other wildlife, walked on the beach, went out to dinner every night, bought souvenirs, I read a book, and we enjoyed each other's familiar company even more than our first stay there. 
   We're home now, catching up on all those fun after vacation chores; unpacking and loads upon loads of laundry. It is nice to be home and I am reminded that the week wasn't just a dream every time I glance down at my tan feet. 
   I'll be sharing a few pictures soon!
  


3 comments:

  1. I love that area, too. I like your comment, "..we enjoyed each other's familiar company even more than our first stay there." A true sign of a commited, maturing relationship...Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw yay! I'm excited to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We went to Hilton Head over Memorial Day! It was so beautiful! We only live about 4 hours from there and can't wait to go back for a longer stay. I'll need to get your recommendations for places to stay and eat. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments. I read, and am delighted by, every single one.