Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Funfetti Oreo Cookies

  So remember yesterday how I said I'd be having some fun in the kitchen today?  I've had a wonderful time baking and Brandon's had a wonderful time eating. We're a good team. We have an early release day at school tomorrow and a meeting/going away reception for a dear teacher's assistant who will be leaving due to health reasons. We were all assigned to bring something tasty. This was my excuse for taking some time to create something delectable.
   After seeing these cookies, I knew that I had to make them, but add my own spin. Who doesn't love Funfettie cake??? There's something about sprinkles being scattered through the cake that makes it absolutely delightful and somehow taste even better. I decided I must create Funfetti Oreo Cookies adorned with butter cream frosting and sprinkles.

  To make these beauties I made the cake batter following the directions on the box, dipped the Oreos in the batter, placed them in a greased cupcake pan, and baked them at 350 for 10 minutes.


This poor little cookie broke in the cake batter and died...and then someone ate it.



The cookies were really delicious like this, but why would I pass up an opportunity to use frosting and sprinkles?


  Unfortunately, these cookies are so fantastically tasty I'm afraid I won't have as many to take to school tomorrow as I'd hoped. Brandon doesn't seem concerned about how many I have to take to school...


24 comments:

  1. oooh, these look fabulous! I'm going to have to make these some day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah these look so good! I miss funfetti cake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are so freakin' gooooood! Awww funfetti cake is a wonder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look so good my creative daughter! love you! Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aren't these adorable! I agree, the little sprinkles make them look so festive. What a great idea for cookies :) Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my sweet tooth! ;) These look like such a fun treat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooo your version looks good too!!! The possibilities are endless! Great job and thanks for the shout out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the sweet comments! These are a really fun, really yummy treat. and Courtney you're right. the possibilities are endless!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks delicious. I'm your newest follower. It would be great if you could stop by my blog Monday and add your project to The More The Merrier Link Party.

    http://diyhshp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oreos and funfetti?! My two favorite things! I'd love for you to submit this to the M&T Spotlight: http://www.makeandtakes.com/spotlight

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum! Those look so good...almost like Cookie Cupcakes!

    I'd love it if you would like this project on our new Party themed blog link party here: http://kimskandykreations.blogspot.com/2011/02/shindig-saturday-party-blog-hop.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll be linking up :o) Thanks ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have to try these! I've never thought of dipping cookies in cake batter. Genius. Found you from Kims Kandy Kreations! Cute blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh.my.cupcakey.gosh....these look amazing! i'm so happy you linked them up to fridays unfolded so i can make them and eat them...;)

    blessings,

    alison
    stuff and nonsense

    ReplyDelete
  15. These looks so yummy! I am going to have to make them!

    Visiting from DIY Showoff

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my yumm! I'm going to try these for my boys movie night! They will love them. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  17. YUMM!! Looks soo good! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So awesome! Oreo covered goodness sure is making the rounds! :) Which I have NO problem with. Clever using cake mix! LOVE IT!

    Now I might have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh NO YOU DIDNT!!!! those are AWESOME!!! Im going to put a link to this on my blog....great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. yay! glad y'all are as enamored by them as me :o)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those look too yummy for words! What a great idea!
    Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie last week! I can't wait to see what you have for this week!
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Those are super cute for a party!! :)
    Thanks for linking up to Foodie Friday.
    Oh, and if you haven’t done so already - don’t forget to pop on over to Little Brick Ranch to enter the GIVEAWAY!!! I’ll give you a hint...Homes, Food, and all things Frugal!!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments. I read, and am delighted by, every single one.