Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Math books and sorting trays

   Only 18 days until Christmas! I suppose I ought to start my Christmas shopping...
   I don't have a craft project or recipe to share today but I wanted to share something very special to me.
   Have you ever heard of Donors Choose? It's a fantastic website where teachers can post projects they need funded for their class and donors can donate money to their project. The donation and can be anywhere from $1 to giving the entire needed amount. It's very cool and if you ever have a desire to donate some money to a worthy cause, I encourage you to check it out.

  So, this is the good part...I have posted a project on Donors Choose for my classroom. My project is classroom math manipulatives which would include math big books, sorting trays, number rubbings, a counting game, and magnetic numbers. These would be such a wonderful resource to have in my classroom to really encourage my students to explore mathematics and to spark a new enthusiasm for numbers.


   If you'd like to donate to my project, just click here. If everyone donated just a few bucks it would take no time at all to reach the goal and if you use a credit card and enter the code SPARK Donors Choose will match every donation dollar for dollar! I'd be forever grateful :o)
   Thank you so much for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting your comments. I read, and am delighted by, every single one.