Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A Day of Chocolate and Sweetness

  Yesterday was "Enchantment Tuesday" wasn't it? Unfortunately I missed it. Not intentionally but I believe I'm getting sick and after going to the gym I fell asleep for three hours on the couch, took a shower, and went to bed. So, it was impossible for me to post and share my delights from this week since I was lying here on the couch, pretty much like a log. Forgive me?
  I hope you all had a special Valentine's Day. I shared some of mine on Monday and I have to share that it ended wonderfully as well. My sweet husband brought me home beautiful, aromatic flowers and a Mickey Mouse card. He knows me well.


   Remember that decadent chocolate cake I told y'all Brandon and I would be immersing our faces in after a Mexican Valentine's dinner? 

We did :o)


   In our defense, I did give away some. Like one piece. And I dropped a big chunk on the floor. We aren't total piggies. Now, I will feel guilty if I don't share this fantastic cake recipe with you all. Its real name is "Better Than Sex Cake" but I few years ago I made it for Christmas and my mom and I felt it was more fitting to call it the "Better Than Anything Cake." You choose the title you like best, one thing is certain, no matter the name this cake is rich, decadent, moist, super easy and will most likely knock. your. socks. off.

Better Than (you choose) Cake
  • 1 box dark chocolate cake mix
  • 1 can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 can caramel topping


Bake the cake as directed on box. As soon as it emerges from the oven and is still hot, poke holes all over it and pour the caramel topping and sweetened condensed over it and allow them to seep in. Refrigerate over night. Best served with a dollop (if you're me a very large dollop) of whipped cream on top. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting your comments. I read, and am delighted by, every single one.