Thursday, December 23, 2010

"The 25 Posts of Christmas" Gift No. 20

   It's crunch time. Today's the day to finish all that Christmas stuff. Baking, cooking, shopping, wrapping...
   I've already done some Dollar General and grocery store shopping, but of course when I got home I realized I still needed a few key ingredients. Seems like that always happens. When I got home I finished some lovely Christmas gifts.
 
Basket of Goodies

    Found these cute Christmas baskets at my favorite store, Dollar Tree. In each of these lovely red and green baskets I included...
For the Orange Cranberry bark I followed the same technique as making the Peanut Butter Bark except instead of adding peanut butter to the white chocolate I added orange extract and instead of sprinkling peanuts on top I sprinkled dried cranberries. 



The hot cocoa mix was super easy to make.

Hot Cocoa Mix

  • 2 cups nonfat dry milk
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup cocoa
  • 1/2 cup non-dairy creamer
  • 1 dash of salt
  • miniature marshmallows, optional
Combine ingredients and mix well. Store in an airtight container.
Directions for using the mix: Add 3-4 tablespoons of mix to your favorite mug and fill with boiling water. Stir well.


   I found the cellophane bags at the craft store and just made the tags out of note cards. I hope my deserving relatives like their goody baskets.

   I've come to the conclusion that I'm not going to get to post the last five gifts for my "25 Posts of Christmas." It's a shame, but I hope you'll will forgive me for ending at 20. Twenty's pretty good though. I'm pleased :o)

1 comment:

I love getting your comments. I read, and am delighted by, every single one.