Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Desserts and Weddings

"Love and marriage, goes together like a horse and carriage. Weddings and desserts, go together  like love and marriage." Heard this before? Yes, I added the second part, but I feel it's just as true a statement as the first.
I'd like to share my thoughts on including desserts at wedding receptions.
It seems nearly every wedding has cake,  punch, and other delightful things like fruit, veggies, dips, crackers, you know the spread. Tragically, very few wedding seem to include more desserts than just the cake. Cakes are indeed delicious, but you can't just give your guests cake and be done with it. When I go to a wedding I want good food and this includes scrumptious desserts! Candy bars seem to be a big trend right now and I think that's fantastic. Why stop at a candy bar though? When guests attend weddings, many of them have to travel a distance, sometimes they have a bad attitude because well, lets face it, this wedding is taking up a huge chunk of their weekend. Not only do wedding guests have to travel and sacrifice their time, they also have to find a nice gift, wrap it, etc. Please don't think I'm saying weddings are terrible. I love them! I'm just saying that weddings guests often have to go to a lot of trouble to be at a wedding so they should be rewarded with sugar, lots of it.
While planning the menu (we made all the food) for our wedding, these are the thoughts I had. To reward and thank our guests for their trouble and show our love to them all we had a wonderful dessert table with cookies, bars, candy, and chocolate. Our guests were lucky ducks :o)
  Our dessert table

Oh yes, we had Jelly Beans

Lemon Bars
Chocolate Covered Pretzels
I can't think of anything on this Earth more perfect. I plan on dedicating an entire post to this delightful treat in the very near future.

Gingerbread Cookies

Photos by Jeff Scott of J. Darren Photography 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting your comments. I read, and am delighted by, every single one.