Friday, November 18, 2011

What we've been crafting in kindergarten

   I cannot even express how thankful I am it's Friday. It was a long and exhausting week. Thanksgiving break temptingly looming in the future has really been playing with my patience but, I made it :o)
  One of the aspects I love about teaching kindergarten is that sometimes I get to squeeze in a craft or two. I figured I'd share our most recent crafts with y'all.

   We've studied the seasons, temperatures, what to wear when it's hot and cold, and clouds so for the last day of our weather unit we learned about and made rainbows.


   To make our rainbows I cut large coffee filters in half. The kids colored them with markers and then "painted" them with water because, it takes water in the air to make rainbows.


   Yesterday we started a short Thanksgiving unti. After learning today about how the Indians helped the Pilgrims survive by showing them how to hunt, find food and, especially, plant corn we made our own Indian Corn out of toilet paper rolls. I wish I could boast coming up with this idea but I actually found it here.


Have an absolutely wonderful weekend friends!




4 comments:

I love getting your comments. I read, and am delighted by, every single one.