Sunday, January 9, 2011

A pretty little wreath

   So yesterday it sleeted, snowed, and then the sun came out. It was weird but it did NOT keep me from going anywhere. Thank goodness. I went to the dollar store yesterday with the intention of getting supplies to make a Valentine's Day wreath. When I got home I got to work on my wreath. My wreath turned out to not be a Valentine's wreath at all, (I didn't have any Valentine colored ribbon) but I think it's really quite cute and it was so dang easy.

   I began my project with a plain woven wreath and three rolls of ribbon, all from the dollar store.


   To beautify this wreath I cut pieces of ribbon 4-6 inches long, threaded each one threw one of the vines on the wreath and tied a simple knot.



   Then I just repeated this over and over and over and... that's it.


      Now, my plans are to make a Valentines wreath for real. I'll let you know if I succeed this time :o)

8 comments:

  1. Hey Anna! I love your blog---it's too cute! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and reading about the mason jar lights--they are sooo easy! Let me know if you make them!! Hope you are having a very happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute idea! I may just have to try that, I have been looking for something to put in our entry since all the Christmas decor has come down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies for visiting :o) This wreath is so super easy. I had to have something to make up for the absent Christmas decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so pretty. You could also knot some small decoration on each one and make it a holiday theme. I see a lot of possibilities. Thanks for posting this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sweet! Can't wait to see the Valentine wreath...
    Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Your wreath turned out so pretty! I'm a new follower. Hope you can visit at http://www.lorihairston.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Lori! I'm SO happy to have you as a follower :o)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments. I read, and am delighted by, every single one.