Friday, April 29, 2011

Ginger Ale Peach Tea after a day at the farm

   It's been a great Friday so far and it ain't over yet.  No, it's not because I spent my morning watching the royals get married. Like I said yesterday, we had a field trip today. We and our kinders went to a university farm for the day. I wasn't too excited due to the fact that I'm not really a big fan of animals and I hate when my routine is changed (in any aspect of my life). Sometimes I'm a bit of a stick-in-the-mud. I decided to have a positive attitude though and I enjoyed our trip so, so much. Maybe more than my students :o)





   God blessed us with the most perfect field trip weather. We got to see chickens, pigs, horses, sheep, goats, and to finish the whole trip off...they let our classes pick strawberries from their patch to have with our bag lunches. After lunch we went to a playground and let the kids, run, yell and play.
   When I got home this afternoon I was in desperate need of a refreshing pick-me-up. My mom came across this recipe a while back and it's been my favorite treat to enjoy every afternoon this week.

Ginger Ale Peach Tea
2 cups water
2 cups Ginger Ale or Diet Ginger Ale
1 "tub" Crystal Light Peach Tea (I buy the Target brand and each container holds 6 "tubs")
Stir it all up, chill, and mmmmmm.



   Have a sweet and wonderful Friday evening friends!



2 comments:

  1. MMMM! That does sound lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ginger ale peach tea sounds divine! :) hey...we just booked a trip to the outer banks at the end of may...do you have any tips for us since you're kind of a local? :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments. I read, and am delighted by, every single one.