Monday, December 20, 2010

A Colonial Christmas Tradition

   It's Christmas time and, for this family, that means a weekend spent in Colonial Williamsburg, Virginia. It's become a tradition of our's to spend a couple of days there a week or so before Christmas and enjoy Christmas caroling, listening to the fifes and drums, and being reminded of where our country's humble beginnings. We just returned from our trip last night (after a long, cramped, and car sickness-inducing ride) and it's back to the old grind. This was the first time that Brandon, my husband, has ever gone with us, so it was quite monumental and wonderful :o) I took some pretty pictures and I'm so excited to share them.

   This year I was especially delighted by the Christmas wreaths...

 This one has the prettiest burlap flowers.
    


This one was loaded with real fruit wrapped in different fabrics. 



Not quite so pretty, but I applaud their creativity.

And, of course, I love the yarn balls.



   Thanks for letting me recap our trip for you. I'll be back tomorrow with another DIY Christmas gift idea :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting your comments. I read, and am delighted by, every single one.