Sunday, September 2, 2012

Hillsville Flea Market 2012

   Well, hello! I feel that I haven't blogged in forever. Oh, because I haven't. Between school being back in session, working on our new home (I'll share all about that soon), and packing to move, I just haven't had much time to do much blogging and if I do have time to blog...I should probably use it to clean our poor apartment that's looking pretty unloved right now.
   So today, we (my family and I) went to the Hillsville flea market. My pal Amy joined us and we had a really delightful time hunting for treasures. As it is every year, it was very hot and crowded and a fascinating mass of humanity. I wish I could have taken more pictures, but it ended up pouring down rain and we had to leave sooner than we'd planned. I'm pretty sure that if I had brought my umbrella with me rather than leaving it in the car, the skies would have stayed sunny and cloudless.


   We ate caramel corn and kettle corn for lunch, walked through mud puddles, admired all the antiques,  laughed at the bizarre things people try to sell, and all ended up soaked to the bone due to the sudden storm. I was pleased to end up with some salt and pepper shakers, blue mason jars, and beautiful Pyrex dishes and so thankful to partake in this family tradition for another year.


 

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures from a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like such a fun day! Too bad the rain didn't stay away long enough for you to fully take in all that the flea market had to offer! But it sounds like you went home with some great stuff! Gotta love walking away with a few goodies and good deals :) And yes, make those pumpkin muffins tomorrow ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. eeek that flea looks AMAZING!! :) hope your school year is going well so far!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting your comments. I read, and am delighted by, every single one.