Thursday, January 20, 2011

Darn good chicken

   I recently realized that I haven't posted any recipes on here in quite a long time. Time to put an end to this recipe post famine and share tonight's supper.
   This evening I made one of our favorite chicken recipes. Rosemary-Garlic Baked Chicken. I found this on a website a while back (I think it's originally a Weight Watchers recipe or something,) and it's just so darn good.

Rosemary-Garlic Baked Chicken
  • 1 small onion, finely chopped 
  • 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 tbsp dijon mustard
  • 1 tsp dried rosemary chopped (I never chop mine)
  • 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped (I use minced garlic)
  • 1/2 tsp. sea salt
  • chicken (I use three boneless, skinless chicken breasts)
   Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
   Combine the onion, vinegar, olive oil, mustard, rosemary, garlic, and salt in a bowl.
   Place Chicken in baking dish. Pour onion mixture on top of chicken. Bake until the chicken in brown and cooked through (approximately 4o min.).

The first few times I made this chicken I followed the recipe exactly. Now I cook it all in a pan (it's much faster and I'm an impatient cook). I ad all the ingredients at once and guess on the measurements. I hate measuring ingredients. I think it's my inner rebellion against math and using numbers. I just cook it all in a deep pan with a lid on on high until the chicken is cooked through, everything is browned, and our whole apartment smells fantastic.

  I'm not sure if it's because we were extremely hungry or that I added more dijon mustard than usual, but this chicken was especially fabulous tonight. I made cooked carrots and broccoli with sun dried tomatoes to accompany it. 

  I personally would rather have broccoli than just about any other food, but Brandon's not a big fan so I made him cinnamon muffins. After failing the last two times I've attempted these, I'm glad to report that they turned out well. Brandon ate three after all...He said it was the best meal ever. I think those thoughts are due to a peanut butter and jelly overdoes while working during suppertime.


   We're now waiting for our food to digest so we can hit the gym. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting your comments. I read, and am delighted by, every single one.